There are many organizations doing admirable work on behalf of animals in your city or town and all around the world. People collect worn and used blankets, towels, collars, leashes and bowls and take them to their local humane society or shelter. These organizations often work with limited resources and most are in need of donations and volunteers. You can help if you’re so inclined. It doesn’t take a lot. Change only happens with awareness.
You can be part of the change:
- Volunteer to walk shelter dogs.
- Foster a cat or dog who is in transition.
- Foster an animal who is in recovery from abuse or surgery and needs a bit of extra time and care.
- Contact a local rescue group and see what they need.
- Make a monthly donation to a pet or animal charity.
- Hold a fund raiser for a small group with a limited public profile.
- Offer to sit on the Board of a rescue group.
- Educate yourself to animal issues locally, nationally or internationally.
- Write an article for a local rescue group newsletter.
- The concerns are many – write to your MP and MPP about animal issues that need to be addressed from lax animal cruelty laws to repeat offenders to the conditions in factory farming facilities.
- Learn about international animal issues and pick one that matters to you. Then take action.
- Sign petitions – they are incredibly effective!
- Join Aavaz – IFAW – PETA – The Sierra Club.
- Learn about endangered wildlife, the whaling industry or poaching.
- Just Google – “animals in need” and read …
Participation Makes A Difference – It Can Save A Life!